With medical costs constantly on the rise, it is imperative to have a medical insurance plan. An individual health policy assures you a healthy future without worrying about medical expenses. An ideal plan would provide maximum insurance coverage and at the same time charge affordable premium. Cheapest insurance plan shouldn’t be considered as the best plan.
Here are the best individual health policies available.
Cigna TTK Health Insurance
This is a company where affordable premiums meet comprehensive insurance plans.
- The plan covers all hospitalization charges for treatment expenses like diagnostic test charges, medicine costs, surgeons’ fees etc.
- There is lifetime renewability option available.
- Pre and post hospitalization charges and emergency ambulance charges are also covered.
- The company has a tie-up with more than 4000 hospitals.
- The plan comes with an additional cover for critical illness such as stroke or cancer. This is available for insurance holders between 18-65 age group.
- There is a grace period of one month for policy renewal and no claim bonus also.
Universal Sompo Health Insurance Plan
It offers a comprehensive individual health plan with a range of options on the assured sum. It ranges from Rs. 1 lakh to 10 lakhs.
- Cashless treatment is available at a network of more than 4000 hospitals.
- The plan covers in-hospitalization charges as well as pre and post-hospitalization charges.
- The plan offers a fast and hassle-free process for cashless claims and reimbursements.
- In the case of out-patient treatment, the plan covers 50% of the cost required.
- When you renew the policy, the benefit is given in the form of a cumulative bonus.
- The policy covers medical expenses on dental treatments.
Religare NCB Super Premium
As far as health insurance plans go, very few offer the value for money that Religare NCB Super Premium does.
- The plan covers pre and post-hospitalization charges and in-patient charges. Ambulance cover and day care treatment are also covered.
- Annual routine health check-ups are covered by the plan.
- In case the insured amount is exhausted due to previous claims then plan offers automatic recharge of the amount insured.
- Then plan offers life-long renewability option.
Bajaj Allianz Health Guard
Bajaj Allianz has the highest claim settlement ratio and offers a well-balanced policy.
- Comprehensive hospitalization cover
- Cashless hospitalization facilities can be availed at over 4000 network hospitals.
- Covers pre and posts hospitalization expenses including consultations, medicines, investigations, etc.
- Emergency ambulance charges are covered.
- Covers over 130-day care procedures.
- No medical test is required.
New India Assurance – Janata Mediclaim Policy
This is the most affordable low premium health insurance plan in India.
- Premium as low as Rs 700 per year.
- The plan provides in-patient hospitalization expenses, pre and posts hospitalization expenses, daycare expenses and ambulance charges.
- Loyalty discounts as incentives.
- The cumulative bonus is offered.
If you don’t yet have the responsibility of a family on you, buying an individual health policy is the best option for you. Even in cases when your parents are too old, or some member of your family has a bad medical history, purchasing individual insurance plans works out to be more economical than family floater policies